When my husband first told that he wants to visit Akshardham temple (in New Delhi), I was little sceptical about it. I am not much of the person who visits temples regularly. At times, during evenings, while returning from Delhi to Greater Noida I have managed to have glimpses of this temple which looks magnificent. All I could think seating at the back seat of the cab was a great architecture and admirable lighting. However, only after we visited it, we found that the temple had jaw-dropping architecture. The exhibitions were real beautiful combination of the latest technology and robotics combined with spirituality. Special thanks to Gaurav and Sunilji who arranged everything to make our visit hassle free.
Akshardham Delhi, a temple for Swaminarayan is not only a spiritual place but also a place where you can get the knowledge of ancient India. Following are the attractions which you should cover when you would visit to Akshardham:
- Swaminarayan Temple
- Thematic garden
- Abhishek Mandap
- Exhibitions –
- Sahajanand Darshan – Hall of Values
- Neelkanth Darshan – Giant screen film
- Sanskruti Darshan – cultural boat ride
- Multimedia Water Show (Sahaj Anand) [Have a glimpse of it here]
I would have described my experience in detail, but would not like to spoil your enthusiasm for the visit. So if you plan to visit Delhi, do not forget to add Akshardham Temple to your list. We will be glad to hear your experiences.
First entry – 9: 30 am and last entry – 6:30 pm
Some Useful Tips for the visit:
- To cover all the shows and the exhibitions you need at least 4-5 hours. So plan your visit accordingly.
- Try to plan your visit in the second half of the day so you can enjoy musical laser fountain show (Sahaj Anand water show) which is worth seeing.
- If you have any senior citizen, handicapped person or anyone who has trouble in walking in your group, you can issue a wheelchair (refundable caution money – Rs 100) as the temple has large premises.
- Large bags, Electronic gadgets including Mobile, Camera, Pen Drive, Power Bank etc. are not allowed. You will need to deposit these in cloak room. As a general courtesy, switch off your mobile phone before submitting it.
- The entry to temple is free of cost.
- The entry to exhibitions cost Rs 170 per adult (Rs 125 for senior citizen and Rs 100 for Children above 4 years) includes-
- Sahajanand Darshan (Hall of Values)
- Neelkanth Darshan (Giant screen film)
- Sanskruti Darshan (Cultural boat ride)
- The ticket to multimedia water show costs Rs 80 per person.
- Please wear a decent dress with top covering shoulders, chest, navel, and upper arms and atleast a knee length bottom dress. If this does not comply, on request one can get a sarong.
- Outside food is not allowed. The premises has its own food court.
For complete information visit their official website: http://akshardham.com/
Nearest Metro station – Akshardham metro station (For details click here)